As the change in weather approaches us once again, so does the change in commercial landscaping lead generation. Many business owners think because of the change in weather, they no longer need lawn care services. However, we know this is far from true.
We understand how valuable commercial lawn care services are year-round, which is why we’re here to provide you with industry-exclusive insights on how to you can use online marketing to consistently generate commercial landscaping leads for your sales pipeline. Let’s get into it.
For general insight into commercial landscaping lead generation, read our blog here.
Having a robust digital marketing strategy is critical for commercial landscaping businesses looking to grow and thrive in today’s digital age. With increasing competition and rising customer expectations, leveraging the right marketing tactics can help landscaping companies expand their customer base, boost visibility, and maximize profits.
A comprehensive digital marketing plan typically involves tactics like search engine optimization, content creation, paid advertising, email marketing, and social media. When effectively executed, these strategies can drive more high-quality traffic to a landscaping business’s website and increase lead generation. This inbound traffic and leads can then convert into new customers and higher revenues over time.
For example, optimizing web pages and content for relevant keywords can help a landscaping business rank higher in search engines like Google. Ranking on the first page for terms gives a huge visibility boost, such as:
- “commercial landscaping [city]”
- “commercial groundskeeping [city]”
- “commercial hardscaping [city]”
Paid ads and social media ads can also drive targeted traffic for customer acquisition. And email nurturing helps turn prospects into customers by building relationships.
How Modern Technology Has Impacted the Landscaping Industry
The landscaping industry has undergone a significant transformation with modern technology playing a pivotal role. From marketing and sales to operations and customer service, technology has changed how landscaping companies function in various aspects.
On the marketing front, landscapers now heavily utilize digital channels like websites, social media, and pay-per-click advertising to promote their services and attract new customers. Customer relationship management (CRM) software helps streamline lead management and communications. Tablets and mobile apps enable real-time collaboration and design approvals.
Operationally, landscapers use GPS tracking to optimize routes and reduce fuel costs. Smart irrigation sensors help conserve water usage. Robotic lawnmowers automate basic mowing tasks and free up labor for more complex landscaping. Overall, technology has made processes more efficient, improved productivity, and lowered costs in the landscaping business.
Understanding the Role of a Good Online Presence for Competitive Advantage
Having a strong online presence is crucial for landscaping companies to stay ahead of the competition and capture more market share today. An optimized website, positive online reviews, active social media accounts, and local SEO tactics are key to establishing a robust digital footprint.
A user-friendly, mobile-responsive website acts as a 24/7 salesperson, allowing customers to discover and research a landscaping company on their terms. Positive online reviews build trust and credibility. An active social media presence keeps the brand top-of-mind. Local SEO improves visibility and helps attract nearby customers searching online.
Additionally, many commercial landscaping companies leave signs to showcase their work. Using a QR code on the sign can be a great way for new prospective customers to visit your website and explore more of what you have to offer.
Together, these elements of a solid digital presence make the company more discoverable online. Landscaping businesses with robust websites and online visibility stand to gain more qualified leads and customers. In contrast, lacking an online presence can result in lost opportunities as today’s consumers primarily search and find businesses digitally.
Abstrakt has a proven-effective commercial landscaping solution that empowers growing businesses like yours to consistently generate leads year-round. Learn about our lawn care business growth solution here.
Key Players in the Commercial Landscaping Digital Landscape
Some of the major players enabling digital transformation in commercial landscaping include companies like LMN, Inc., Yellow Iron, and LandscapeHub which offer software and technology services. Sage, Jobber, and Service Autopilot provide CRM and business management solutions. Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor assist with email marketing. ZenBusiness, Podium, and Leaflet help manage online reputation. Waze, Gridium, and Tickit offer fleet management and mobile solutions.
On the social media side, platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube help landscapers showcase their work and connect with prospective clients. Google services like Search, Maps, and Ads enable visibility and lead generation. Review sites like Yelp allow customers to share feedback online.
Understand the Market Size and Segmentation of Your Commercial Landscaping Region
The US commercial landscaping market size was valued at over $91 billion in 2021. The industry serves diverse segments including corporate campuses, office parks, hotels, shopping centers, hospitals, apartment complexes, etc. Providers range from large national chains to regional companies and local operators. Digital solutions enable players of all sizes to market more efficiently.
Larger enterprises focus on brand building and broad market coverage leveraging technologies like social media, SEO, and paid advertising. Smaller local providers rely more on online reputation, local SEO, networking, and community engagement to attract nearby customers.
Learn Consumer Behavior and Preferences When Selecting Landscaping Services
Today’s consumers extensively research online before selecting landscaping services: 86% read online reviews, 82% search company websites, and 78% check out social media pages.
They look for attractive designs, eco-friendly practices, and providers who can match their aesthetic tastes. Many desire smart features like automated irrigation. Reviews and testimonials build trust. Competitive and transparent pricing, good communication, and professionalism also impact choices.
Customers want an effortless experience researching and hiring landscapers online. User-friendly websites and engaging social media foster positive brand perception. Targeted digital marketing that speaks to customer priorities helps convert prospects.
The Value of a Well-Designed, SEO-Optimized Website for Landscaping Businesses
A functional, search-friendly website is invaluable for landscaping businesses to attract customers and grow revenue. An intuitive site architecture with simple navigation enhances user experience. Optimizing pages and content for relevant keywords improves findability via search. Compelling photos and videos showcase work. Easy contact forms facilitate lead capture.
Together, these elements increase website traffic and engage and convert site visitors into leads and sales. For instance, featuring portfolio galleries helps establish credibility and design skills. Blog content and FAQs demonstrate expertise. Chatbots provide quick answers to common questions and make contacting easy. SEO-optimized websites build visibility and referral traffic from search engines.
The Role of an Enriching User Experience in Attracting and Retaining Clients
An excellent user experience is crucial for converting prospects and nurturing customer relationships. On a landscaping website, elements like easy navigation, mobile responsiveness, attractive design, relevant images, and clear calls-to-action enhance engagement. Customers can seamlessly find information and contact the company.
Informative content like service guides and design ideas shows expertise. Client testimonials build trust. Easy quoting or estimating forms remove friction in the buyer’s journey. Overall, an intuitive, helpful site fosters positive brand perception. This increases conversion rates, repeat business, and referrals from happy customers.
Incorporation of Engaging Content – Blogs, Images, Videos, and More
Engaging website content attracts visitors and keeps them on the site for longer. For landscapers, useful content includes:
- Blog posts on topics like lawn care tips, landscape design trends, season-specific advice, etc. help establish thought leadership.
- Portfolio galleries with photos of completed projects showcase design skills.
- Client testimonials and reviews build credibility.
- DIY guides and resources demonstrate expertise.
- Videos like virtual tours and behind-the-scenes looks offer value.
This content engages visitors across the sales funnel, whether they are exploring available services, comparing providers, or looking to hire. Shareable content also boosts visibility on social media and helps drive traffic back to the site.
How Important is Local SEO for a Commercial Landscaping Business?
Local SEO is extremely important for commercial landscaping businesses looking to attract clients in their geographic area. Unlike regular SEO which focuses on national or international audiences, local SEO specifically targets potential customers within a certain radius of your business location. Implementing local SEO best practices can help landscaping companies connect with homeowners and businesses nearby that require lawn care services and outdoor space design.
Role of Local SEO in Attracting Local Clients
There are various elements of local SEO that help landscaping businesses get discovered by local searchers. Optimizing the business name, address, and phone number (NAP) citations across directories like Google My Business, Bing Places, and Apple Maps gives consistency. This signals search engines that your business has an established local presence. Including your city and state in titles, meta descriptions, and content indicates the service area to search engines. Populating online profiles with region-based keywords informs searchers you serve their location. Higher visibility in local search results leads to more contacts and conversions from prospective clients near you.
Techniques for Optimizing Your Business Listings on Search Engines
Some effective techniques to optimize landscaping business listings include:
- Completing and verifying profile information like business name, full address, phone number, website URL, opening hours, service categories, area served, and professional photos
- Monitoring and responding to customer reviews on platforms like Google, Facebook, and Yelp to showcase the quality of work
- Including keywords like “landscaping [city]”, “lawn care [city]”, “[city] tree removal service” etc. in listings
- Consistent NAP details across directories like Google My Business, Bing Places, Apple Maps, Manta, YellowPages, etc.
- Getting customer recommendations and positive feedback on listings
The Essence of Including Relevant Local Keywords in Web Content
Including locally-optimized keywords in website pages and blog content is imperative for visibility. Some ways to do this:
- Reference your city/state in titles, headers, and image names. E.g. “Dallas Landscaping Services”
- Use target keywords naturally in meta descriptions and page content. E.g. “We offer premium lawn care services in Austin”
- Create dedicated pages like “Landscaping Dallas” with geo-modified terms
- Mention the neighborhoods and suburbs you serve
- Include testimonials from local customers
- Publish blog posts about gardening tips for local weather conditions
Interested in learning more about local SEO? Read our blog here for more local SEO insights.
How to Generate Powerful Content that Attracts Viewers and Boosts SEO Value
Creating engaging, informative content should be a core part of any landscaping business’s digital marketing strategy. Well-crafted content helps attract and retain customers by showcasing your expertise and building trust. It also improves your SEO when optimized effectively.
Craft Engaging and Informative Content
Focus on creating content that provides value to your audience. For landscaping companies, useful content ideas include:
- DIY lawn care tips and tricks videos
- An infographic on designing a low-maintenance garden
- Blog posts on seasonal landscaping trends
- An eBook on how to hire the right landscaping service
Ensure your content is visually appealing, easy to consume, and effectively showcases your landscaping works. Use images, charts, bullet points, subtitles, etc. to break up the text. Vary your content formats to cater to different learning styles.
Use Keyword-Optimized Content for Better Search Engine Rankings
Optimize your content with relevant keywords to improve findability. Identify key search terms your customers use and organically incorporate them in titles, headers, meta descriptions, alt text, URLs, etc. Avoid over-optimization. Focus on creating content that offers true value.
What’s the Importance of a Consistent Content Strategy in Building Brand Authority?
Regularly publishing high-quality, useful content shows search engines and readers you are a trusted authority. Have an editorial calendar and promotion strategy planned out. Leverage content types like blogs, videos, podcasts, eBooks, etc. Repurpose content across platforms.
How Can PPC Yield Results in Landscaping Digital Marketing?
PPC puts your ads in front of people actively searching for your products/services. It offers landscaping businesses instant results by driving targeted website traffic. With PPC, you only pay when searchers click your ad. It provides greater control over your budget and placements compared to other paid options.
Role of PPC Marketing in Driving Targeted Traffic to a Website
Well-optimized PPC campaigns send localized website visitors who are ready to buy. Target keywords related to landscaping services in your area. Send traffic to tailored landing pages discussing your specific offerings. Audiences from PPC are more likely to convert than general organic traffic.
Deploy Google Ads effectively
Focus on high-converting keywords, specific ad copy, and optimized landing pages. Leverage Ads features like ad extensions, call-only ads, location targeting, etc. Structure campaigns around services, geography, etc. Monitor keyword quality score and adjust bids accordingly. Rotate high-performing ads.
Importance of Keyword Selection and Landing Page Optimization in PPC
Choosing the right keywords ensures your ads appear for searches highly relevant to your business. Send traffic to a customized landing page reflecting the ad/keywords. Make calls-to-action prominent. Keep forms short. Having a cohesive PPC-SEO strategy amplifies results.
An effective combination of content and PPC is key for landscaping companies wanting to boost their digital marketing. Focus on promoting expertise through valuable content while leveraging PPC to drive targeted high-intent website traffic and conversions.
Email marketing can be an extremely effective strategy for landscaping businesses to build relationships with customers and promote their services. With proper implementation, email campaigns can generate leads, drive sales, and increase brand awareness. However, in order to maximize results, landscape companies need to follow email best practices and avoid common mistakes.
How Effective is Email Marketing for Landscaping Businesses?
According to studies, email marketing has one of the highest ROI of any marketing channel. On average, for every $1 spent on email marketing, businesses see a return of $42. However, the results depend heavily on the quality of the email list and campaign execution.
For landscaping companies, the benefits of email marketing include:
- Driving sales of landscaping services like lawn care, planting, irrigation, lighting, etc.
- Promoting seasonal service offers and packages
- Announcing new service launches and expansions
- Engaging existing customers to increase repeat business
- Generating leads by promoting free lawn assessments, consultations, etc.
- Building brand awareness and trust
By sending regular, valuable emails, landscapers can establish their brand as an authority in the industry and position themselves as a top choice for outdoor services.
Significance of Building a Valuable Email List
The foundation of effective email marketing is having a targeted, high-quality email list. Landscaping businesses should focus on collecting emails from ideal potential customers through methods like:
- Offering an opt-in incentive on your website
- Collecting business cards at community events
- Asking existing happy customers for referrals
- Partnering with complementary businesses to cross-promote
- Avoid buying bulk email lists, which have low engagement rates. Concentrate on nurturing a loyal audience that wants to hear from you.
Tips for Crafting Compelling Newsletters and Promotional Emails
Every email campaign should provide value to the recipient. Useful tips for landscaping businesses include:
- Personalize messages with the recipient’s name
- Segment your list based on customer attributes like location, past purchases, etc.
- Share lawn care tips, garden inspiration, and industry knowledge
- Promote seasonal service offers and holiday promotions
- Make sure email blasts go out before the season changes and potentially around big swings in weather
- Highlight client testimonials and before/after project photos
- Send educational content on topics like native plants, hardscaping, irrigation, etc.
Test different email styles and subjects to determine what resonates most with your audience. Use A/B testing to optimize future campaigns.
Follow These Best Practices to Avoid Spam Filters
Nothing is more detrimental to email marketing than having messages sent to subscribers’ spam folders. Avoid these common mistakes:
- Purchasing email lists
- Sending from a suspicious-looking sender name/address
- Using misleading subject lines
- Sending emails infrequently or irregularly
- Making messages look too promotional or sales-focused
Also, confirm your email IP address does not have a history of issues. Monitoring inbox placement and engagement metrics can identify deliverability problems.
Why Is Social Media Vital for Commercial Landscaping Promotion?
Social media is arguably the most important digital marketing channel for landscaping businesses today. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter allow companies to broadcast their brand identity, showcase portfolios, directly interact with followers and potential customers, run targeted ads, and derive leads and sales.
Impact of Social Media Presence on Reaching Potential Clients
A strong and active social media presence can greatly amplify a landscaping company’s ability to reach local audiences. Sharing high-quality photos and videos of projects depicts quality and style; additionally, this can help accelerate the SEO value of your website. Engaging followers through polls, contests, seasonal tips, etc. improves brand image. Paid ads allow targeting homeowners and businesses within required zip codes. Direct messaging to inquire about services and pricing is convenient. Follower recommendations and shares expand visibility. Overall, social platforms grant extensive exposure among targeted demographics in the required location.
Use of High-Quality Visuals and Engaging Content to Showcase Work
Posting vivid photographs and videos of completed landscaping and lawn care projects is an excellent way for companies to showcase expertise online. Visual content depicting garden designs, lighting, water features, lawn maintenance, planting, hardscaping, etc. performed for real clients offers credibility. Engaging and useful posts like DIY tips, inspirational ideas, client testimonials, employee spotlights, and before-and-after project transformations help build brand image and trust. Keeping social media channels active with original and relevant multimedia content is key.
Leveraging Various Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and More
Landscaping businesses should leverage the unique strengths of major social platforms:
- Facebook: Create a Business Page to share photos, videos, offers, industry articles, and launch ads. Interact directly with followers and build community.
- Instagram: Post stunning project photos and Reels showcasing work. Use relevant hashtags for discovery. Add Location tags.
- Pinterest: Create idea boards with landscaping project images, garden design inspiration, and DIY tips. Helps attract homeowners.
- Twitter: Tweet about the latest projects, share blog posts, and post-event updates. Follow industry peers and interact.
- YouTube: Upload engaging tutorials and company videos to educate and inform potential leads.
Online reviews have become one of the most influential factors shaping consumers’ perceptions of local businesses. For landscapers, actively monitoring and managing online reviews can benefit their digital marketing strategy in several key ways.
Impact of Online Reviews on a Business’s Online Reputation
Positive online reviews and testimonials can greatly enhance a landscaping company’s reputation, while negative reviews can be damaging if left unaddressed. Surveys show that over 80% of consumers read online reviews before selecting service providers.
- Favorable reviews on sites like Google, Facebook, and Yelp:
- Build trust and credibility
- Reassure prospective customers of quality service
- Rank higher in local SEO with more positive mentions
- Counteract occasional negative feedback
Having an overall 4-star+ rating tends to encourage prospects to choose that company over lower-rated competitors.
Best Practices for Managing and Responding to Reviews
- Claim and monitor profiles on key review sites
- Promptly and politely respond to negative reviews
- Consider offering dissatisfied customers concessions to update their rating
- Reply to reviews mentioning employees by name to boost morale
- Develop guidelines for replying to reviews consistently
Transparency and professionalism in responding to criticism reassure online visitors.
Encourage Satisfied Clients to Leave Positive Reviews
To proactively improve their online reputation, landscapers should:
- Train staff to consistently deliver 5-star service
- Print/share review links and testimonial requests on receipts and invoices
- Personally ask happy clients for an online review
- Offer incentives for leaving reviews like discounts or free services
- Run social media and email campaigns promoting client reviews
Reviews from first-time customers detailing their positive experiences can be especially influential. A thoughtful strategy for generating more positive reviews can help landscapers stand out.
The commercial landscaping industry is rapidly adopting digital marketing strategies to reach new clients and boost business. With increasing internet and smartphone penetration, landscaping companies have tremendous opportunities to leverage digital platforms for growth.
Here are some of the key trends shaping the future of digital marketing for commercial landscaping:
Emerging Digital Marketing Trends in the Landscaping Industry
Content marketing will become more prominent. Landscaping companies can attract clients by regularly publishing valuable, relevant content like blog posts, videos, and social media updates to establish themselves as industry thought leaders.
Video content will grow. Short videos showcasing landscaping projects, tips, or company capabilities can engage prospects on social media and YouTube.
Social media ads will expand. Platforms like Facebook and Instagram provide easy ways to target local clients with promotional posts and PPC ads.
SEO will be crucial. Optimizing websites for search visibility helps landscapers get found online by homeowners searching for local services.
Review management matters more. Monitoring and responding to online reviews builds credibility and trust among prospective clients.
Chatbots and messaging apps will simplify outreach. Automated chatbots on websites can handle common customer queries, while messaging apps streamline communications.
Personalization increases. Landscaping companies can use data and analytics to customize digital messaging and offers based on individual prospect needs and interests.
Mobile responsiveness is essential. Websites must adapt seamlessly to smartphones and tablets, as that’s how most customers access information on the go.
Importance of Adapting to Changes and Updating Digital Marketing Strategies
With the fast evolution of digital platforms and marketing techniques, landscaping businesses must stay agile to remain competitive. Key reasons to adopt include:
- Reaching new demographics. Updating approaches allows connection with younger, tech-savvy prospects.
- Improving brand visibility. New strategies like content marketing and social media advertising enhance online presence.
- Driving more conversions. Emerging tactics like behavioral targeting and lead nurturing boost sales conversions.
- Staying ahead of rivals. Innovating faster helps landscapers gain an edge over competitors still using traditional marketing.
- Optimizing for key growth areas. Adapting for mobile and local SEO provides access to expanded growth opportunities.
- Enhancing customer experience. New technologies like chatbots improve ease and convenience for prospects.
- Leveraging real-time insights. Digital analytics enables landscapers to instantly gauge campaign effectiveness and adjust accordingly.
- Delivering ROI. Progressive marketers evaluate new technologies to identify digital solutions that provide the best return on investment.
To sum up, commercial landscaping companies should view digital marketing as an ongoing process rather than a one-time initiative. By continually monitoring results, testing new approaches, and refining strategies, they can build a distinctive and effective digital presence.
Even with the change in weather, there are still ways that your commercial landscaping company can consistently generate leads digitally through your website, social media, paid ads, and more.
Many commercial lawn care businesses don’t have the time or resources to put towards lead generation, even if they know how impactful it can be for business growth. They’re too busy providing clients with professional landscaping services, leaving little room for consistent action.
When this is the case, they often look for outsourced B2B lead generation providers for a helping hand. And that’s where we come in.
At Abstrakt Marketing Group, we work with commercial lawn care businesses around the country to help them consistently generate leads through B2B digital marketing efforts. With a commercial landscaping digital marketing strategy in place, you have the opportunity to engage more decision-makers and eventually convert them into sales.
When you’re ready to generate more lawn care leads year-round, contact the business growth experts at Abstrakt!