Generating high-quality leads can be tough for any organization, but especially managed service providers (MSPs). Contacting a key decision maker can be difficult, plus MSPs handle the day-to-day technology needs of all their clients. They have very little time to worry about lead generation.
Fortunately, lead generation for IT companies doesn’t have to be difficult. With the help of B2B lead generation experts, you can find qualified leads for your growing tech company. Here are tips on how you can improve your lead generation efforts.
The Process of Lead Generation for IT Companies
Lead generation strategies can range from cold calling to inbound marketing tactics like social media campaigns and search engine optimization. For MSP lead generation, a mix of both inbound and outbound tactics will deliver the best results.
Inbound marketing methodologies attract customers through the creation of content and experiences tailored to them. While outbound marketing interrupts your customers with information and content they may not need, inbound marketing forms connections and solves problems that customers already have.
An inbound lead generation strategy may include a number of different channels and types of content that attract users to your website. Once you get users to your website, you can engage with them and get them more interested in your brand (hopefully enough for them to contact you). From there, your team can provide a service and build a long-lasting relationship.
A great inbound lead generation strategy includes many components and the work of a fully competent digital marketing team. These components include the following:
- Content to Attract Your Audience – Content like social media and blog posts can attract your customers to engage more with your product or service. Online marketing is powerful and writing a few simple tech posts may attract several interested people to your website to learn more.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Another critical component for driving traffic to your website is SEO. You should be writing SEO-friendly content and optimizing your website constantly to ensure you are moving up in Google rankings. Ranking above competitors will drive more traffic to your website, which will result in more sales leads.
With so many IT providers out there, you need your website to be as engaging and optimized as possible if you want to attract new customers. Simply having a website isn’t enough to put you ahead of the competition. Your site needs to appear at the top of your target audience’s search results, entice them to click, and keep them interested as they move through your site. Ultimately, you need to show visitors why you’re the best MSP provider for their needs and compel them to share their information.
Outbound lead generation pushes a message out to a targeted audience, regardless of whether they asked for it or expressed interest. Methods used can include a mix of any of the following:
- Mass email
- Cold calling
- Direct mail
- Display advertising
Outbound lead generation can be challenging for MSP providers. You’re not selling a tangible product; you’re selling an abstract service. Additionally, many of your leads already have MSP providers and don’t see the point in switching. It may seem like outbound lead generation is futile in the IT industry.
However, if you use the right lead nurturing methods and stay persistent, outbound marketing can absolutely pay off for your business. Once you find a key decision-maker and get their contact information, you can start building a relationship. Trust is a vital component of every MSP service contract, and building relationships helps you build trust with your ideal leads.
If you have the attention of someone from a company, there are numerous ways to build interest and close a sale, including:
- Send Personalized Emails – Mass emails don’t feel personal, but once you have a hot lead’s email address, you can give them much more personalized attention.
- Utilize Marketing Collateral – Whether you’re speaking with the tech guy at a company or a C-level executive, everyone likes a visual to look at when learning about a product or service. Send over a sell sheet, brochure, or case study in an email to spark interest.
- Incorporate Landing Pages – Landing pages are another great tool to use in marketing campaigns. Incorporating a landing page link in emails to qualified leads gives them something to click on that will have all the information they need in one place.
Using a good mix of inbound and outbound marketing tactics for MSP lead generation will produce the most results and help you grow your business faster than you thought possible.
Is your MSP ready to generate qualified leads? Our B2B appointment setting services can help.
All the Tools You Need for IT Lead Generation
Now that you have the tools and knowledge to generate qualified leads for your IT company, there is nothing stopping you from growing and reaching your full potential as an organization. As long as you use the correct strategies and have the right team members, you can easily attract high-quality leads.
At Abstrakt Marketing Group, MSP lead generation is our specialty. We’ve worked with hundreds of MSPs to improve website conversion rates and convert more leads to sales. Our digital marketing team and Partner Sales Representatives are experts with extensive knowledge in the IT industry. Our expertise in IT lead generation will ensure that only high-quality leads are passed on to your team, allowing your business to scale and grow.
Are you ready to grow? Get in contact with our team today to learn more.