No matter what line of work you’re in, almost all businesses can agree that consistently generating new opportunities is no easy task. Bringing in new business through referrals or word-of-mouth is one thing, but filling your sales pipeline with qualified leads and converting those leads into customers is a process that not many businesses have mastered.
Here’s the thing—you shouldn’t have to master inside sales to generate leads and grow your business. You should be focused on what you know best: your company and the products or services you offer. If you want to achieve sales success fast, outsourced inside sales is the answer; here’s why.
What Is B2B Inside Sales Outsourcing?
Outsourced inside sales is a way in which your company can take advantage of untapped opportunities by leveraging additional salespeople. By outsourcing to an experienced third party vendor, you have an entire sales team who works on your behalf to prospect, qualify leads, set appointments, and win you new business. Sales outsourcing takes lead generation responsibilities out of your hands and gives you more time to focus on your core business.
Outbound marketing or “interruption marketing” is promoting a product or service by pushing a message out to an audience and initiating the first conversation with prospects. One type of outbound marketing is the process of cold calling potential customers and using a sales process to nurture and qualify leads. The more effort you commit towards calling prospects, the more closed deals you’ll have, thus growing your business.
While it may seem like inside sales should be just that: something that is handled inside your own company, outsourcing inside sales can actually help your business grow. A knowledgeable and experienced provider of outbound marketing and B2B appointment setting services can offer the team, tools, and processes that you don’t have. Here are three reasons outsourcing inside sales is the fast path to business success:
People: Outsourcing = Less of An Investment
The true cost of recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, and providing competitive pay to an in-house sales team is a major long-term investment. Let’s take a closer look at the investment required to hire and sustain and inside sales team:
- Nearly one-half of sales representatives take 10 months or longer to become profitable
- After that 10 month period, only one-third of sales representatives will meet their quota
- According to Harvard Business Review, the average annual turnover in sales is close to 30%
- The cost of turning over one sales rep is estimated to be around 150% to 200% of the annual salary of the sales rep position
Simply put, outsourcing your sales and marketing efforts not only saves you a ton of time, but helps you to avoid a substantial investment. A credible outsourcing partner already has a fully trained and vetted team of marketing and sales professionals who are ready to execute on behalf of your business. Your sales partner will be fully focused on revenue-generating activities that align with your marketing goals because they already have the right people in place to do the job.
Tools: Outsourcing = Instant Access to Tools and a Trained Team
Without the right customer relationship management (CRM) platform and marketing tools in place, you can’t build a solid sales program. The investment of a high-functioning CRM plus other sales and marketing tools alone will cost you the same as an outsourced inside sales program.
Here’s why you’re better off getting access to a platform and tools through an outside vendor rather than investing in them yourself:
- CRM platforms and other sales and marketing tools are expensive; the investment would cost you as much as and outsourced inside sales program
- An outside sales partner will have access to multiple tools for prospecting, data, communications, marketing automation, customer interaction, and more
- An outbound team is already trained on how to use cutting-edge tools; therefore, you save time
An outsourced inside sales team will be ready to hit the ground running with the right tools and technology to build a successful sales program that fits your budget.
Process: Outsourcing = A Properly Aligned Process to Increase Sales
Even if you decide that your company can take on the required investment of an in-house sales team and tools required to build a successful program, you still have the challenge of building a process. If everything you do isn’t baked into a process, your team won’t be able to perform at optimal capacity and close deals.
Outsourced teams specialize in consistent processes that have proven to grow businesses. When you outsource to a trusted third party partner, you benefit from:
- A cold calling process and sales reps who use cold calling scripts to call on prospects
- Sales reps who know how to communicate, handle different objects, find decision-makers, and take leads through the sales funnel
- A well-thought-out process that includes a prospecting phase, introduction phase, lead nurturing and qualification, and appointment setting
- A team of sales reps who knows how to spend their day and use tools to improve productivity
Are you ready to see how the right people, tools, and processes can increase your revenue? Allow our business growth experts at Abstrakt Marketing Group to execute on your goals. Contact us today to learn how we can help.