You’ve made it to the real world—now what? Jumpstart your career at the biggest and best marketing company in St. Louis.
5 Reasons a College Grad Would Want To Work at Abstrakt
Your years of hard work have finally paid off, and now you have your degree! But the work doesn’t stop there—you have to decide what comes next. You may know exactly what you want to do with your life or have no idea whatsoever, but either way, the first step is to get your foot in the door.
Finding your first full-time job after college is stressful. After sending your resume off into the void, you then have to wait weeks—sometimes even months—to get your first interview. Once you start juggling job offers, you usually have to pick something to sacrifice, whether that’s pay, benefits, or culture.
What if we told you that you don’t have to make any sacrifices to find your ideal job in sales or marketing? At Abstrakt, we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional college grads who want more than just a first job—they want a place to grow their career. Whether you wish to sharpen your sales skills, build killer websites for clients, take your video production skills to the next level, or recruit other college grads, we have a role for you.
There are dozens of reasons a fresh college graduate would want to work at Abstrakt, but these are the top five.
1. Our Culture
Any company can claim to have a great working culture, but very few take steps to ensure their claim is true across roles and departments. At Abstrakt, we focus on six pillars of our culture that transcend any one team in our organization:
- Vision: For a company to be a well-oiled machine, it needs a consistent vision. We spread our mission and values throughout the organization by appointing vision officers to guide each team.
- Unity: The phrase “team work makes the dream work” may be corny, but it exists for a reason. Companies function better when their team members collaborate and grow together each day.
- Metrics: You can’t grow as a company unless you know what growth means. We use metrics to gauge our current performance and continually set the bar higher as a company.
- Celebrations: Our team members accomplish amazing things at Abstrakt, and we believe that every achievement deserves to be celebrated. Whether you receive praise from a client or bring in a six-figure deal, your work won’t go under the radar.
- Development: If you want to grow as a company, you have to give your employees room to grow. We want our team members to grow both professionally and personally as Abstrakt employees.
- Branding: You wouldn’t buy a product from a company with no brand, so why would you work for a brand-less team? Each team at Abstrakt has a cohesive brand identity that guides each member towards success.
Our culture isn’t just something we tout during interviews; it’s something that our team members experience every day. Abstrakt didn’t grow from a sales startup into the largest marketing company in St. Louis for no reason—we succeeded because we created an environment that fosters growth.
2. Our Benefits
Work isn’t everything in life. You should like your job and enjoy going to work each morning, but you should also feel stable in your personal life. At Abstrakt, we support our employees both professionally and personally by offering a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: Our employees’ health is of utmost importance. That’s why we offer competitive health benefits that include free preventative care, a long list of top-quality providers, and additional coverage for mental health and prescription drugs. Whether you’re still on your parents’ plan or need health insurance ASAP, our comprehensive coverage is an excellent benefit to have.
- 2 weeks of PTO in your first year: Have you been saving up to take your dream vacation? Need a few days to unwind and recharge? We don’t limit how you use your two weeks of PTO as a new employee. Plus, the longer you stay with the company, the more PTO you’ll have—up to five weeks a year (that’s over a month of paid time to do whatever you want!).
- 7 paid holidays: Our love for celebration extends beyond our office. We give our employees paid time to celebrate with their loved ones during major holidays every year.
- Charitable leave day: Want to spend time with a local nonprofit you’re passionate about? Abstrakt doesn’t make you take PTO to serve your community—we give employees one charitable leave day a year, on top of our company-wide annual Give Back Day.
- Paid life and long-term disability insurance: You probably aren’t thinking about life and disability insurance right after college. At Abstrakt, you don’t have to—we automatically pay for long-term disability insurance and up to $10,000 of life insurance. You can purchase additional life insurance and short-term disability coverage from the company, which is a lot cheaper than buying your own policies.
- Access to 2 company gyms: You might not miss going to class every day, but there’s a good chance you miss getting free access to your college gym. As an Abstrakt team member, you get free access to not one but two top-of-the-line gyms. You can train for your upcoming half marathon during your lunch hours or cheer on a coworker during an after-work lift session.
3. Our Team
You spend 40 hours a week at work. That’s a good chunk of your time, and it can feel like far more if you don’t have a good relationship with your coworkers. At Abstrakt, we believe that your team members should cheer you on, celebrate your growth, and support you when you’re struggling—just like your professors and friends did in college.
Because of our culture, we attract people that love their work, enjoy sharing their knowledge with others, and genuinely care about making Abstrakt a better place. We welcome our new team members and do everything we can to make them feel at home, whether that takes a few days or a few months.
Once you graduate college, you experience a lot of change. Abstrakt makes that change fun, rather than scary. Your teammates will guide you through new experiences and give you the tools you need to succeed in your role.
4. Our Training
We’ve all started a new job or project at some point and had absolutely no idea what we were doing. That’s normal—you have to learn a new skill before you can put it into practice. In some cases, school gives you all the skills you need to hit the ground running at a new job. However, most of us need additional training in our first role before we can do our job successfully.
At Abstrakt, we never want you to feel like you’re faking your way through a role, which is why we take the time to train new and existing employees. Incoming sales representatives spend 10 full days learning the ropes before making their first call. Our training program helps new employees learn about our company, leadership team, and strategic sales processes. Marketing employees also receive training opportunities during their first few weeks, including one-on-one training sessions with current team members and Abstrakt University courses.
Our company is constantly changing, and so are our roles. What you learned in your new hire training five years ago might not apply to your day-to-day responsibilities now. To keep our employees up-to-date with current processes and best practices, we offer a new training course every week—that’s 52 training opportunities every year.
5. Our Growth Opportunities
There are few things more disappointing during a job search than asking a company about their growth opportunities and being told: “You can probably grow here, but we can’t tell you when or how.” When a company doesn’t have a clear growth path, you probably won’t advance there, no matter how hard you work. At Abstrakt, we’re straightforward with our employees from the beginning that growth is not only possible but encouraged. If you want to grow in your career, we’ll show you how to make it happen.
It’s no accident that our motto is: “Always Be Growing.” Whether it’s personal growth, client growth, or overall company growth, we make it happen. One of our best examples of growth is our own executive team—90% started in an entry-level role and worked their way up. In a few years, that could be you.
We understand that your first job out of college may not be the job you want for the next 20 years. That doesn’t mean you have to hop from job to job and start from scratch each time. Abstrakt has dozens of career opportunities in sales and marketing, and we motivate employees to explore new roles and find the one that speaks to them. Many of our employees started in one department and ended up in a completely different one a few years later.
Your first post-college job doesn’t have to be a dead end. Instead, it could be the start of a decades-long career spent learning, growing, and creating lifelong relationships with coworkers. Like the sound of the second option? Abstrakt is the right place for you.
Ready To Grow Your Career?
If you’re tired of sifting through the same generic job postings day after day, it’s time to delete your job search apps and apply at Abstrakt. We don’t care what your major was—if you’re passionate about helping others grow, we want to meet you.
A fulfilling new role is just one click away.
Get In Touch