Staying up-to-date with the latest technology, focusing on your marketing efforts, and hitting your sales goals all while trying to recruit the best real estate agents is no easy task. A busy schedule like this is what prevents so many real estate companies across the country from growing and achieving success
Using B2B Appointment Setting to Recruit Real Estate Agents: Stats You Need to Know
Recruiting real estate agents who are comfortable in their current situation is tough. That’s why many real estate companies have adopted a solution: working with B2B appointment setting companies to recruit highly qualified, top-performing agents. While your brokerage may have hesitations about a solution like this, you’d be surprised at how much it could help you succeed.
If you’re still on the fence about Realtor recruitment services, here are some numbers and facts that may help you make a decision.
Average Deal Size
Average Deal Size: $86,250
The ‘closed contract value’ for Realtor recruitment clients is unique; it’s actually the revenue brought in by the recruited Realtor annually. A Realtor who makes above $80K/year is clearly a top-performing agent. In fact, as of February 26, 2020, those in the 90th percentile of the U.S. real estate industry earn a median salary of $64,101. The fact that B2B appointment setting helps you recruit agents who make in the $80K range should tell you all you need to know.
Most Common Key Decision-Maker (KDM)
Most Common Key-Decision Maker: Realtor
As a Sales Development Representative who has a real estate company as a client, you’re really acting as a recruiter more than a salesperson. Therefore, the ‘decision-maker’ doesn’t change from company to company, it’s always going to be a Realtor. Seems easy, right?
The difficult part of recruiting on behalf of a real estate company is not getting in touch with agents, it’s getting in touch with experienced agents who sell millions of dollars worth of real estate each year. Real estate companies have no problem bringing on new agents who are fresh out of school, these individuals want experience and are ready to start working. But, convincing a Realtor to step away from a perfect situation is a bit more challenging.
Here’s how a dedicated resource can help you recruit more experienced, high-earning agents:
- They learn what makes your real estate company unique and a great place to work and use that to recruit new agents
- By speaking with Realtors regularly, they act as a market analyst and can help your formulate new strategies on how to recruit more effectively
- A dedicated resource focuses solely on recruiting and nothing else while you focus on training, retaining, and running your business
- They have prospecting tools and databases to find the top-performing agents in your area
Having a dedicated resource who recruits for your real estate business will help you add more talented agents to your team, thus helping your business hit sales targets and grow.
Number of Days Between First Dial and First Appointment
Typical time between 1st dial and 1st appointment (days): 53
In a typical Realtor recruitment appointment setting program, the average number of days from the day the first phone call is made to the day when the first ‘appointment’ (or interview) is set is 53 days. This may seem like a long time, but less than two months is actually a pretty short time considering the real estate company will get the opportunity to talk with a highly qualified agent.
- Why does it take such a short amount of time? Unlike many B2B businesses who are trying to sell a product or service, it doesn’t necessarily have to be ‘the right time’ for a Realtor to accept a meeting about a new job. As long as your company can fulfill a need they’re not getting from their current company, they’re usually at least open to a conversation. A dedicated recruiting partner will work with you to identify your unique differentiators and why people would want to work for you. Then, they’ll use this information to really sell Realtors the job opportunity.
- Why can’t I get a meeting with a Realtor in less time? If 53 days still sounds like a long time to you, it’s important to remember that this is an average. Oftentimes, it takes even less time than that. It’s also important to remember that in that first month, a lot of activity is happening. Your dedicated recruiting partner will be calling hundreds of experienced agents and forming relationships with them. They’ll also be gathering critical market information that could help you improve your recruiting strategies.
In any appointment setting program, it’s important to remain patient. Building a pipeline of qualified leads (agents, in this case) takes time. But once you have a sustainable pipeline, it’ll be so worth the wait, because a healthy pipeline results in business growth.
Number of Dials Between First Dial and First Appointment
# of dials between 1st dial and 1st appointment: 5.8
The average number of dials it will take to the same Realtor to actually set up a time to talk with them is 5.8 dials. The first few calls are just establishing a relationship, but once you do that, it doesn’t take long for them to agree to a meeting. Why? Because Realtors have no problem taking a meeting with a real estate company that may offer them a better deal than what they’re getting from their current employer. That’s why you need the help of a dedicated recruiting partner. They can show agents why you are the number one brokerage to work for in the area.
If you’re a real estate company struggling to hit sales targets while also trying to juggle a million other tasks, consider working with a lead generation company. At Abstrakt Marketing Group, we recruit top-performing agents for our partners the same way we generate qualified leads for all of our other partners. Are you ready to grow your real estate business? Contact us today to get started.
Get In Touch