A Story from the Front Lines of B2B Lead Generation
Good things may come to those who wait, but great business comes to those who nurture qualified leads.
B2B lead generation and appointment setting rarely lead to an immediate return on investment. It takes months of preparation and research to build a successful sales pipeline and many cold calling dials to land a client’s first appointment. After setting appointments, it may take another few months before your company has the opportunity to close a business deal.
At Abstrakt Marketing Group, we understand that great things take time; we’re here to help businesses like yours develop long-lasting partnerships and thrive in an ever-changing market.
From a Qualified Lead to a Valued Business Partner
In August 2019, a Virginia-based commercial roofing company reached out to us for help in generating high-quality leads for their business. Their business growth remained consistent, and they were looking to build their empire and take on new clients who needed to repair or replace their commercial roofing systems.
Before the client went live in September, our sales team needed to:
- Pinpoint target audiences: Like most industries, commercial roofing clients generally have a specific market they would like to target. This client’s targeted markets include property management companies, school districts, and companies that manage multiple buildings. When our sales team builds a list of qualified leads, they ensure the prospects are suited for our client’s wants and needs.
- Define target areas: Even if a prospect is the perfect qualified lead, that lead means nothing to the client if they’re located on the other side of the country. This specific client wanted to keep their business local within three exclusive counties in the Virginia market.
- Develop a list of qualified leads: Cold calling and email marketing automation are only effective if the leads are qualified by the client’s standards. Our operations department strategically develops a list of qualified leads that satisfy the needs of the client and its prospects. We take extensive measures to create a list of leads that fit their target market and area.
- Identify key decision-makers (KDMs): Throughout the prospecting process, our sales team reaches out to the prospective company to identify the business’s key decision-maker when handling their roofing operations. We refer to this process as “cleansing leads” because we pinpoint who the key decision-maker is, learn their position at the company, and confirm their email address to nurture the relationship through an email marketing drip campaign.
September 2019: Client’s First Month Live
After signing with Abstrakt in August 2019, our sales and development team immediately started pulling a list of qualified leads that fit in the roofing client’s prospective target market and area.
Many of our commercial roofing partners take the “quantity over quality” approach in B2B appointment setting. They generally prefer this method over the “quality over quantity” approach because even if there’s no immediate need for roofing repairs or replacements, they develop a relationship before those needs become urgent. This enables the client to be the first roofing service provider on a prospect’s list when they’re looking for roofing services.
Traditionally, it takes 39 days and over 9 calls for appointment setters to get a prospect to agree to meet for a roof inspection and quote. In the case of this particular roofing client, business struck quicker than anticipated. In their first month with Abstrakt, the client closed business for $120,000. The client was thrilled with our ability to set them up with a qualified lead so soon into their partnership; they knew we were setting them up for future success.
November 2020: Implemented Two More Outbound Programs
After a year of partnering with Abstrakt for outbound services, the commercial roofing client decided to implement two more outbound programs for their B2B appointment setting efforts. By implementing two more programs, they have the opportunity to optimize their B2B lead generation and land more appointments with qualified leads.
When clients see value in what we provide at Abstrakt, they often invest in additional outbound programs. This allows our sales development representatives (SDRs) to spend more time calling on behalf of the client and setting them up with more business opportunities.
We offer exclusive partnerships for our B2B appointment setting partners, which means we only partner with a single business in the industry of the prospective region to eliminate conflict of interest and client competition. Many clients implement various programs in different counties to cover more ground in their business region.
May 2021: Client Closed First Full Roof Replacement Deal
As mentioned earlier, great opportunities come to those who nurture potential business relationships. In May 2021, the Virginia-based commercial roofing client closed business for $320,000 from an appointment set by one of our SDRs on April 8, 2020.
An SDR called this prospect 14 times before setting the appointment, and the prospect had not responded before setting the appointment. However, the email marketing drip campaign sent the prospect eight emails between September 2019 and April 2020.
On April 8, 2020, the SDR received a voicemail from the prospect wanting a proposal from our roofing client. They were looking into replacing their roof and implementing a preventative maintenance program to retain the quality of the new roof. After a year of nurturing meetings and discussions with the prospect and our roofing client, they closed business.
Abstrakt Marketing Group is more than a B2B lead generation company; we’re a relationship business. Kickstart your Abstrakt partnership by scheduling a demo of our services today.
Take Your B2B Sales to the Next Level With Inbound Marketing
In addition to our B2B appointment setting efforts, Abstrakt offers a variety of marketing services to enhance the visibility of your business. Our inbound marketing services include:
- Social Media: Our B2B marketers use effective social media marketing strategies to create quality content and generate leads for your business. Our LinkedIn ad management services ensure a more targeted audience sees your company’s social content.
- Marketing Collateral: Marketing collateral is more than branding—it’s a way to make your business stand out from competitors. Marketing collateral can improve a company’s image and is critical for business growth and sales success.
- SEO Services: Search engine optimization (SEO) is a key component of a business’s marketing funnel. Our SEO Content services help you drive more web traffic to particular landing pages or blog posts related to a user’s search patterns.
- Video Production: Abstrakt video production services enable businesses to boost sales and tell their story from a more personal perspective. We believe great video content should be budget-friendly, and we’re here to help you accomplish your production goals for an affordable price.
- Web Development: An organized website is a productive website. We help clients generate B2B sales leads by designing user-friendly websites. Your company’s website is a powerful tool that can increase opportunities for qualified leads, conversion rates, and sales efforts.
Optimize Your Commercial Roofing B2B Lead Generation Strategy
Our first program with the Virginia-based commercial roofing company set a total of 165 appointments for them, resulting in 40 open proposals and 16 closed business deals. Most of these business development wins resulted in over $75,000 worth of project work or $7,000 worth of recurring monthly preventative maintenance services.
We help nationally recognized businesses in industries like yours connect with potential customers who have a need or interest in your product or service. Contact us today to maximize business opportunities and land qualified leads through our outbound and inbound programs!
Get In Touch