As a business owner, figuring out B2B lead generation may be one of your biggest challenges. It shouldn’t be this difficult to generate leads and grow your business (after all, you know it better than anyone else). But a lot goes into a lead generation strategy, and it’s going to take time and hard work to perfect your business’s unique strategy.
Unfortunately, business owners and executives are already busy with so many other tasks, like taking care of their employees, serving existing clients, and improving their product or service, just to name a few. That’s why so many businesses are beginning to see the benefits of outsourced B2B lead generation. Here’s what it means to outsource lead generation and how your organization could benefit from it.
An outsourced lead generation service provider is a company that delivers lead generation services for its clients. Outsourcing lead generation can help you grow and acquire more leads. Lead generation companies typically have a sales team and a marketing team. The sales team provides outbound marketing services while the marketing team contributes inbound marketing services such as website design, SEO content writing, and social media marketing.
Here are a few reasons why you should outsource B2B lead generation if you want to succeed:
- It’s a time saver. You’ll find out quickly that lead generation companies do a lot more than you think. Then it won’t be such a huge mystery as to why you could never do it successfully on your own all these years. Outsourcing B2B lead generation allows you to focus on the tasks that need to be done in-house but still grow at the same time.
- It’s cost effective. Many businesses shy away from outsourcing because of the cost. However, you may be surprised to learn that an outsourced B2B lead generation service provider usually costs less than one in-house full-time employee. If you actually want to do it right, lead generation costs a lot. To replicate what a lead generation company does requires more than just people; it requires tools, technology, and overhead. Outsourcing is without a doubt the more cost-effective option when you take all of that into account.
- Experts for every service. You can’t just hire one person for lead generation and expect it to work. Successful lead generation requires numerous people with different backgrounds and skill sets. From sales professionals to social media strategists to web designers, a whole team of people is required to get the job done. A lead generation company will have every person on their team that you need in order to be successful.
- Speak with the right people. Outsourced sales companies don’t take any shortcuts—they have the industry-leading tools that are needed to do a number of activities, prospecting included. With experts on your side who are compiling datasets and qualifying leads during the sales process, you can be sure that you’ll always be speaking with the right people in your market.
- Get results that you can see. A professional B2B lead generation company employs professional B2B marketers. Those professionals should be regularly sharing results and reports with you related to your program. The best way to see that something is working is to see the actual numbers. Professional lead generation companies use top industry tools and should be able to easily generate reports that showcase results to your team.
When it comes to lead generation, outsourcing is the more attractive option. However, you should still do your research to determine which provider is the right fit for you. Look for a partner whose services you like, who keeps things within your budget, and who provides transparency throughout the partnership and you’ll be set up for success.
One of the most common services that a lead generation company will offer is appointment setting. This is a lead generation service because B2B appointment setting is essentially sales outsourcing. But instead of handing over your entire sales process to an outsourced team, your appointment setting team builds a sales pipeline and schedules qualified B2B appointments on your behalf. This allows you to spend less time on monotonous sales activities and more time closing deals.
If you choose to invest in an appointment setting service, you have a lot to think about. You might want to ask yourself the following questions:
- How much should I spend on B2B appointment setting services? How much you spend is entirely dependent on your goals. It’s important to ask yourself the following questions: How many markets do you want to target? How many appointments do you want per month? Per year? Do you want added marketing services that could improve your program (e.g., marketing collateral or social media services?) All of this and more will determine how much you spend on B2B appointment setting.
- What exactly does a B2B appointment setting company do? You can read up on B2B appointment setting all you want, but every company is going to vary a bit in what they offer. A professional lead generation company should present a sales pitch to you that outlines what is included in their program. Gathering this information for all the companies you’re considering will help you make an informed decision.
- What best practices should I be aware of when outsourcing appointment setting? There are a lot of best practices for outsourcing, but our number one piece of advice is to work collaboratively with your partner. The more involved you are with the program, the more successful it will be. Treat your partner as an extension of your team; give them pointers, listen to call recordings and provide feedback, and make sure you’re always on the same page with them.
- What qualities should I look for in a great appointment setter? Your appointment setter is the sales rep who is actually doing the work, so you should look for certain salesperson skills in the same way you would with an internal hire. Make sure your appointment setter is a good listener, has lots of ambition, and that they have great organizational skills, among many other things.
The more thought you give to your B2B appointment setting program, the better it’ll be. Picture what this service would look like for your business. Appointment setting is an extremely effective lead generation strategy—one that could help you consistently generate new leads and grow.
In B2B sales, a qualified B2B lead is a prospect that your company has deemed could become a potential customer based on the information they have willingly provided. Professionally qualified sales leads have met certain predetermined criteria that are unique to your company. A qualified B2B sales lead is also defined as a prospect that has a high likelihood of becoming a long-term, successful customer for your business.
Several things can help you draw more qualified leads into your pipeline, but two of the biggest are content marketing and lead nurturing (more on that later). For now, let’s talk about how content marketing can help you get more qualified leads. Content marketing is so powerful because it can either a) drive qualified leads on its own or b) give your sales appointment setting efforts the boost they need to engage more prospects.
- Drive leads with content marketing. Why wonder if someone could become a potential lead if you can just make them come to you first? Quality SEO content has the power to do this. By consistently pushing out content on your website, you can drive traffic and convert a visitor into a qualified lead. If a potential customer has deemed your services such a good fit for them that they chose to contact you, you skip the entire lead qualification process. Inbound leads are already warm, qualified leads. Once they contact you, it makes the job of a B2B appointment setter that much easier.
- Use content in your sales program. Content can also be used in your sales program to help boost your credibility or simply to make prospects engage with you more. People love content, whether it’s a piece of marketing collateral or a blog. Strike up a conversation about a piece of content on your website or send a case study that could be relevant to your prospect’s business. Any of these strategies can help you move a sales-qualified lead further along in the buyer’s journey, helping you to schedule more appointments and, therefore, close more deals.
Pro Tip: When outsourcing sales, don’t just look for an outsourced lead generation company that does B2B appointment setting. Look for a provider that also offers marketing services such as content development and marketing collateral design. While they’re all very different, lead generation services work together as a whole to be successful.