When COVID-19 struck the U.S., businesses everywhere suffered. During this challenging time in our world and in our economy, companies experienced loss in more ways than one. From layoffs to budget cuts to shutting down permanently, every business has been affected to some degree by the global pandemic that shook our world.
One fact that every business must face right now is this: all of us will lose clients. But, this doesn’t mean we have to shrivel up and shut our doors completely. Abstrakt Marketing Group hasn’t done that, and you shouldn’t have to either. With the help of a B2B appointment setting partner like Abstrakt, you can close deals and grow your business even in the midst of these challenging times.
This success story about one of our commercial cleaning clients at Abstrakt Marketing Group shows that our process works and that business growth can still happen even during the most challenging times.
At Abstrakt, no time is too challenging for us that it keeps us from closing deals for our clients. One of our dedicated B2B sales representatives got two new accounts for one of our commercial cleaning clients in less than a month’s time. These two deals have resulted in $3,500 of monthly recurring revenue for our client. One deal we closed was with a prospect we have been calling on since 2017, while the other deal closed in a short period of time.
These two deals are a great example of how our process works even during difficult times. When COVID-19 hit, we continued to nurture existing prospects and reached out to new ones. The crazy part? We didn’t change a single thing about our process. We knew our process would work even during these tough times, so we continued to do what we always do.
So, we continued to work our process for this commercial cleaning company, and these were the results.
The first deal we closed was with a fruit and vegetable processing plant that we had been working our process on since 2017. The records below will show you the timeline of exactly how long it took and the effort that was put in to close this deal.
- On May 26th, 2017, our B2B sales rep identified the key decision-maker (KDM).
- From then on, between the months of June 2017 and February 2019, our sales rep made 10 phone calls, each time with no answer from the prospect. It almost seemed as though this was not an opportunity anymore; however, we continued to work our process, because at Abstrakt, nurturing never stops.
- On February 27th, 2020, we finally spoke with the KDM. He told us that they wax and buff the floors in their facility on holidays (Labor Day, 4th of July, New Years, etc.). He then told us that our client could come out to their facility to give them a quote whenever.
APPOINTMENT SET FOR MONDAY, MARCH 2ND, 2020.
- On 3/2/20, our commercial cleaning client met with the Maintenance Manager of the food processing facility. At this appointment, they were able to confirm some details about the facility like square footage. They also had the opportunity to give the KDM a bid for waxing and buffing of the floors on all major holidays.
DEAL = CLOSED.
The second deal we closed for our commercial cleaning client in the short timeframe of one month took only three phone calls. While it didn’t take long to close this deal, what this story shows more than anything else is resilience. When COVID-19 hit, Abstrakt put a plan in place quickly to keep our employees safe so that we could continue to grow our client’s businesses.
We didn’t back down or see appointment setting as more difficult just because of the unfamiliar circumstances. We bounced back fast, and deals like this one show that not backing down or getting scared was absolutely the right thing to do (for us and for our clients).
The second deal was with an advertising services company. These records will show how quickly we turned a prospect into a customer even in the midst of COVID-19.
- We contacted the prospect for the first time on October 28th, 2019 (months before coronavirus had become serious in the U.S.). Our B2B sales rep spoke with the General Manager at the advertising company. He directed our sales representative to the person responsible for all cleaning contracts for the company. He didn’t have the contact number to give us, but we at least had the name of who to contact.
- Throughout the months of December, January, and February, we still could not find the correct contact info for the key decision-maker (KDM) we needed to speak with.
- Finally, on March 24th, 2020 (right at the peak of coronavirus), we finally found the KDM’s contact information. We spoke with him and he told us that they are actually required to take bids from different cleaning companies throughout the year. They, like many other companies, took necessary precautions when coronavirus became serious and started working remotely as a company. No one was working in the office, but he was still going into the office every so often. He explained how they had suspended cleaning services right now due to the offices being empty; however, it would still be a good time to take a quote for the future. So, we scheduled an appointment for our commercial cleaning client to do a walkthrough and provide a quote for them.
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 31ST, 2020.
- After performing a walk through and providing a quote, our commercial cleaning client closed a deal with this advertising company.
BOOM. Two new customers in the short time span of less than a month, resulting in $3,500 of monthly recurring revenue for our client.
This success story shows how we closed two deals in a short period of time. Not only that, but we closed two deals in the midst of a pandemic. We know that our B2B appointment setting process works, and we don’t ever stop working our clients’ pipelines, no matter what the circumstances may be.
If you’re looking to acquire new customers and grow your business, partner with the B2B lead generation experts at Abstrakt Marketing Group. Contact us today to learn more.