If you or your loved ones have tried purchasing a house recently, there’s a good possibility you ended up in a bidding war. Winning the war right now means paying thousands of dollars above the asking price; losing means missing out on record-low mortgage rates. You might assume that real estate companies are enjoying the frenzy, but many are struggling due to unprecedented competition.
The housing market is so crazy currently in part because of low supply—there aren’t many homes on the market, but there are plenty of buyers looking to invest in property. Real estate companies are just as affected by low supply as buyers. The fewer homes you list, the less you earn in commission. To get ahead of the competition, you need sellers to choose your company as their representative, which means you need the absolute best Realtors on your team.
If you’re like most real estate company owners, your days are spent searching for listings, not recruiting new Realtors. However, you don’t have to miss out on new Realtors just because you’re busy. Using B2B appointment setting services for Realtor recruitment can help you identify the top Realtors in your area and persuade them to join your team.
Read on to learn more about B2B appointment setting for real estate companies and discover how it helps you recruit better Realtors.
The phrase “B2B appointment setting for Realtor recruitment” is a bit misleading. In most B2B appointment setting programs, sales reps identify potential customers and find ways to turn them into active clients. Those potential customers are other businesses, hence the term B2B (business to business). Realtor recruitment programs, however, don’t target other companies—they target experienced Realtors who might be a good fit for your team.
Even though Realtor recruitment programs don’t work like other B2B appointment setting programs, their end goal is the same: increased revenue. You may not see an immediate increase in sales after onboarding a new agent, but once they start bringing in additional clients, you’ll begin to see your revenue increase. Recruited Realtors bring in an average of $86,250 in annual revenue, which can have a substantial impact on your real estate brokerage.
Want local Realtors to see your company as their new home? Become an exclusive Abstrakt B2B appointment setting partner today.
If you want to get ahead in our current market, you need more than a few extra clients for your real estate business. By recruiting experienced agents, you can pull in dozens of additional sellers, increase your market share, and improve your credibility as a leading agent. Here are four ways that B2B appointment setting can help you attract the top producing agents in your area.
Unless the top real estate agents in your city know your name, they’re probably not going to consider you for their next opportunity. Instead, they’ll get in touch with recruiters from your competitors and join a new team before you even have time to schedule an introductory meeting. If you want to grow your business, your company name should be the first one that comes to mind when experienced local Realtors start a new job search.
B2B appointment setting programs use various sales strategies to ensure potential hires are aware of your company and view it as a valuable employment opportunity, including:
- Cold calling: There are probably dozens of experienced Realtors in your area that you’ve never even heard of, which means that they most likely haven’t heard of you either. During the first stages of your Realtor recruitment program, sales development representatives (SDRs) cold call an extensive list of Realtors in your area to gather additional information about their experience, current position, and probability of switching companies. These cold calls serve a dual purpose: they help cleanse leads while increasing awareness of your business. Potential employees who previously knew nothing about you can learn a lot about your company from one call.
- Personalized emails: Some leads don’t respond well to cold calls, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get them into the sales pipeline. Personalized emails are an effective way to catch a lead’s attention and share valuable information about your current opportunities.
- Marketing collateral: If you spend five minutes giving a lead a detailed rundown of your company history over the phone, they’ll probably stop listening (or hang up) after a minute or two. Marketing collateral takes that boring five-minute conversation and boils it down into one compelling message. Your leads can learn about your company on their own time instead of writing you off after a too-long phone call.
- Lead nurturing: Unless your lead is desperate for a new job, they’re not going to accept a verbal offer after one or two phone calls. It usually takes around two months for potential hires to agree to an introductory meeting, and it might take a few months after that to finalize their offer. During those few months, your SDRs can nurture leads using all of the above methods to keep your company name at the top of their “future employer” list.
Every real estate company has different goals for its lead generation program. Some want to hire as many new Realtors as possible, regardless of their experience; others want to attract seasoned Realtors with a proven track record of success. No matter what your goals are, B2B appointment setting can help you find the leads that would be a great addition to your team.
Before your SDRs start reaching out to potential customers, they typically take a month or more to learn about your business, nail down your target recruits, and gather data about the Realtors in your area. Once they collect information about each potential hire, they finalize a list of recruits and start the sales process. This preliminary process is known as lead cleansing, and it precedes the more in-depth lead qualification phase.
The lead qualification process is an essential component of B2B appointment setting programs because it helps your appointment setters determine if a recruit belongs in your sales pipeline. To narrow down your list of qualified leads, SDRs ask the following questions:
- How long have you been a Realtor? If you’re only looking for experienced Realtors, this question should be the first thing your SDRs ask. You can determine how many years of experience you deem sufficient, and if a lead doesn’t meet that number, you can remove them from your pipeline of recruits.
- What do you like and dislike about your current company? By asking recruits about their current employer, you can gauge what they’re looking for in an employer and identify pain points that your company would solve.
- Would you consider leaving your current role? If a recruit answers “no” to this question, that doesn’t automatically mean that they’re a bad fit. After all, things can change in a few months, and a lead might change their mind about their current company. However, this question determines which leads present an immediate opportunity and which ones might take a few months (or years) of coaxing.
- What does your ideal employer look like? This question not only identifies if your company meets a lead’s expectations but also reveals areas where your company can improve. If most of your perfect leads want a benefit that you don’t offer, you can consider purchasing that benefit and enhancing your appeal.
- How many homes do you typically sell each month? You don’t want to spend thousands of dollars hiring and onboarding a new hire, only to learn that their sales won’t even cover their salary. By asking how many homes they sell each month and how much each sale usually brings in, you can find out if a lead is worth your while.
As a business owner, your time is limited. B2B appointment setting ensures that you don’t waste your time on Realtors who aren’t the right fit for your company.
Successful real estate agents are a hot commodity. If you’ve been eyeing a specific agent, odds are, your competitors also have that agent on their radar. You might only have a week-long window to offer them a job once they decide to leave their current role, and if you’re not ready to strike during that window, you could miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.
There’s no foolproof way to ensure you’re always in the right place at the right time, but you can significantly improve your chances by nurturing your leads throughout the B2B appointment setting process. To nurture a lead, you have to stay in touch and keep them engaged until they’re ready to make an appointment. Nurturing may sound easy, but it takes hours of work to create curated emails, develop sales materials, and plan your next call. Plus, you have to be strategic about your communication—calling too often might annoy your lead, but losing touch for a few weeks could drive them out of your pipeline.
With an experienced sales team on your side, you can keep Realtors in your pipeline for years and catch them right as they’re about to switch employers. As a result, you’ll end up with a better real estate team and more opportunities to expand your team in the future.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but your Realtor recruitment program is only successful if your ideal leads join your team. Otherwise, those months spent finding and nurturing leads are a waste of time. Luckily, if you get the first steps of the B2B appointment setting process right, the rest will fall into place.
Because SDRs spend weeks weeding out dead-end leads, sending relevant information to qualified recruits, and developing relationships with your ideal future employees, the hiring process is simple. Your recruits already know what you can offer, and they’re prepared to take the next step in the hiring process.
As a real estate business owner, you know that your success revolves around your real estate agents. Unless you have a team of top-notch Realtors representing your business, you’re not going to get ahead in the industry. To grow your business, you need to find the best agents possible and convince them to join your company.
If your current real estate recruitment process isn’t cutting it, B2B appointment setting services from Abstrakt can help you reach your growth goals. We use a strategic four-step process to find great agents in your area, guide them through the hiring pipeline, and set appointments when they’re ready. Our sales experts can take unknown real estate companies and turn them into recognized employers of experienced Realtors.
Don’t wait for qualified agents to find you—seek them out using B2B appointment setting services from Abstrakt. Contact us today to learn if we’re available in your market.