The summer is fast approaching which means new graduates are looking to join the “real world,” while others are just looking for a change. As promised, we’ve opened more opportunities in our agency and we’re on the hunt for two graphic design interns to help us further our brand’s mission. There are hundreds of thousands of designers around the world and we’re looking for ones that will fit in with our ever-growing family. Take a look through our website, get a feel for who we are and what we do, and then, if you feel you’d be a good fit, send us your credentials. Check out the details of the position below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Graphic Designer Intern
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Responsible for creating, designing, and managing individual projects from concept to completion for various AMG clients and verticals. Ensure the integrity and continuity of the AMG brands.
- Utilize creative insight, collaboration and desktop publishing skills to design and produce a variety of marketing and initiatives and materials for print and web including brochures, advertisements, logos, booth graphics and other promotional materials
- Work with the Department head on marketing initiatives and be responsible for providing a high level of design by strategically ensuring that all marketing creative is consistent with AMG brand guidelines; attracts positive attention with a distinctive “sizzle;” is attractive and visually appealing; and is technically correct
- Take accountability for all aspects of conceptual graphic design, layout, design production and general aesthetics for our print and online communications
- Take ownership of projects. Work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple projects with evolving requirements. Self-manage schedules and tasks, and assist with the tracking and billing of time to clients.
- Design, create, and manage projects for print and online for various verticals, including logos, Web banners, Websites, animated gifs, presentations, stationery, advertisements, promotional brochures, flyers, multimedia presentations and tradeshow exhibits.
- Maintain professional rapport with all internal clients, outside printers, and other firms regarding the production of material within the agreed deadlines, specifications, and budget for each job.
- Design in a Mac environment, using expert-level skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5.
- Stay abreast of current design and creative software trends while developing best practices for projects and ensure all work is produced in accordance with approved association standards.
- Provide regular briefings and status updates for all projects.
- College degree in Graphic Design.
- Proven top-notch concept development abilities, superior design aptitude, fast production skills and an eye for detail across all media
- A passion for the creative process and meticulous with design details and quality of work
- Proficient in Adobe CS5 Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop in a Mac environment. Expert skills operating the Mac OS platform using the following applications: Creative Suite 5 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint, Web design, iMovie/Final Cut Pro/QuickTime, and social-media applications is a plus
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, use resources, identify and address problems, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills; a team player who is also a positive, innovative thinker
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment on simultaneous multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines
Compensation based on experience