If you’ve browsed through LinkedIn lately, there’s a good possibility you’ve come across the phrase “great resignation.” After a trying 2020, employees are reevaluating their priorities and leaving their jobs en masse as a result.
A year ago, job opportunities were scarce, and many people felt lucky to have a job at all. Now, the tables have turned—job opportunities are plentiful, the economy is picking back up, and those 40 hours of unfulfilling work each week are starting to feel much longer. Employees are taking advantage of the sudden shift and looking for that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
If you’re stuck at an unfulfilling job wondering if you should take advantage of this employee’s market—what are you waiting for? Abstrakt is hiring. Here’s why our company is the perfect place to grow your career.
There are few things more disappointing than getting a job with the understanding that you’ll be able to advance to a higher position, then realizing that there’s no place to go. You can wait it out for a few years in hopes that things will change, but more often than not—they won’t. If you want to grow in your career, you need to find a company that can actually deliver on its promises.
At Abstrakt, we actively encourage our team to pursue new opportunities within our walls. When you click the “apply now” button on our careers page, you’re not just applying for an opportunity today. You’re applying for a chance to change your career trajectory for the long term. Our executive team can attest to this—90% started as entry-level sales development representatives (SDRs).
Whether you start at Abstrakt as an SDR, graphic designer, copywriter, social media strategist, or recruiter, you’ll have the opportunity to move up in your role. Alternately, if you decide you want to explore a different career path altogether, you don’t have to leave our campus to do it. We encourage our employees to explore their options, try out different roles, and find the opportunity that speaks to them. You may start as an SDR with the intention of moving into a sales manager position and end up as a Salesforce administrator in a few years.
Any company can claim that their opportunities are limitless, but we have proof in our employees. As our company has grown and gotten better over the years, our team members have grown with it. Don’t believe us? Check out a few of our A-Player Spotlight videos and let an Abstrakt employee tell you about their career growth firsthand.
When applying for a new job, there are many factors to consider. Does the role fit your qualifications and expectations? What is the starting salary? Are there opportunities for growth within the company? What will your day-to-day role look like? And, perhaps the most important question: What benefits will you receive?
A job opportunity could be perfect in every way—competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a job description that checks off every box—but if it’s missing the benefits you need, it’s probably not worth your time. Your job doesn’t stop being relevant when you leave the office at the end of the day; your benefits enable you to be healthy, happy, and financially stable in your personal life.
At Abstrakt, we don’t want our employees to feel like they’re making a sacrifice when joining our team. That’s why we offer a suite of perks that make the job as worthwhile outside of work as it is in the office. Here are just a few of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that health isn’t a guarantee. We value our employees’ well-being, which is why we offer competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ongoing training opportunities: We offer over 15,000 training resources on our Litmos learning platform, which is accessible to Abstrakt employees around the clock. You’ll get to hone your skills in your topic of choice, earn learning belts, and get Abstrakt merch as a reward.
- Two weeks of PTO in your first year, plus two additional paid days: Every employee needs some time to unwind from work. We don’t care how you use your PTO days—you can plan an elaborate two-week vacation or simply stay at home and relax with your family. Plus, your PTO accrual increases the longer you stay with the company, so you’ll have even more opportunities for time off in the future. After you exhaust your PTO, you still have two paid days off—a charitable leave day and a special interest day.
- Not one, but two company gyms: There are only so many hours in the day, and it’s not easy to fit in an hour-long fitness session after spending eight hours at work, commuting home, making dinner, and taking care of family or household duties. Plus, gym memberships are expensive. As our employee, you can get your workout in before work, during your lunch hour, or as soon as your workday ends at one of our two state-of-the-art gyms—compliments of Abstrakt.
- And much more: There are countless other benefits you get as an Abstrakt employee. From tangible benefits like disability insurance to intangible perks like great coworkers, we have it all.
We know from experience that you can’t grow your company without a strong foundation. If your employees’ values don’t align across departments, or your team members don’t feel like part of a greater mission, your company will suffer. From the beginning, we wanted to create a culture that enabled our employees and business to grow—and that’s precisely what happened.
The Abstrakt “culture” isn’t just a vague description of our working environment; it’s something that guides us each day. We have six officers on every team that focus on a different pillar of our culture. These positions include:
- Vision Officer: Every team needs someone to keep them on track with their goals. Our vision officers ensure that each team member receives consistent messaging and feels motivated by our company mission and values.
- Branding Officer: At Abstrakt, our teams have their own identities within our greater company identity. Our branding officers help foster a sense of camaraderie within their team.
- Unity Officer: We may have some of the most talented, hard-working individuals representing our company, but no one team member can achieve the same success as a team. Our unity officers encourage their teammates to collaborate and build each other up.
- Metrics Officer: If you want to achieve growth, you need to keep track of your progress. Our metrics officers crunch numbers and analyze data to help their team gauge its success.
- Celebrations Officer: Even the smallest accomplishments are worth celebrating. Our celebration officers highlight their team members’ successes and motivate the team to keep growing.
- Development Officer: The best employers invest in their employees. We want each team member to have the opportunity to develop their skills and grow in their professional lives. Our development officers ensure that their teammates work on themselves while working at Abstrakt.
At other companies, culture is just a concept. At Abstrakt, you’ll see our culture in action from day one.
Tired of hopping from one unfulfilling role to another? Put down roots at Abstrakt and turn your job into a career.
If you’ve spent hours scrolling through one of the many popular job boards, you’ve probably felt disheartened by some of the postings. You might think you would be a good fit for a position based on the title, only to see in the description that you need three years of experience in a topic you know nothing about. Additionally, your dream company may not have any openings in your area of expertise. It’s not easy to find a job that aligns with your expectations.
You might be tempted to stop your job search altogether and stick with the role you have, but before you do—check out our job openings. At Abstrakt, we truly have a role for everyone, and we welcome job searchers from all backgrounds. We are constantly growing, which means that we’re always on the lookout for new additions to our team.
Want to put your communication and sales skills to the test? We always need new SDRs to join our growing sales team. Are you more of a creative type than a salesperson? Apply to one of our marketing positions. Was math always your favorite subject in school? We have an entire team devoted to data analysis. Whether you’re just starting out in your career or you’re a seasoned industry expert, we have roles open for everyone.
You don’t have to pick between a job that pays the bills and a job you like—you can have both. If you’ve been settling for a job you hate because you haven’t found the right time to switch things up, the time is now, and Abstrakt is the place to look. Our company is growing, and we’re looking for more talented team members to grow with us.
Whether you’re looking for a place where you can grow, a business with great benefits, or a company culture like no other, you’re in the right place. We’re willing to bet you haven’t worked for a company like us before. Apply at Abstrakt today and discover why we’ve earned a reputation as one of the best places to work in St. Louis.