Expecting your business to grow just because you have a Facebook or Twitter account is a lot like expecting to lose weight just because you own a treadmill – you have to effectively use it to see results. There are many ways that you can use these social media websites to grow your business – and one way is through a “promoted” post on Facebook/tweet on Twitter.
These “promoted” posts/tweets are updates to either Facebook or Twitter that you pay for. What is the benefit of paying for an update? By paying for an update, they don’t just reach out to people currently interacting with you on Facebook and Twitter, but they also show up in the Newsfeed and Timelines of their friends and followers. Additionally, you can target people who do not have any connection to your business, yet.
Here are some tips on how to effectively use a promoted post/tweet:
- Know Your Audience. To have the most successful promoted posts and tweets, know who you are trying to reach. Tailor your posts to those you want to reach.
- Target Accordingly. Both Facebook and Twitter allow you to target who you want your update to be seen by. You can target users based on age, gender, location, and interests. This feature allows you to make sure your posts and tweets are seen by the people you want to reach.
- Go for the Niche. In traditional marketing, targeting an ultra-specific niche can be dangerous and may not appeal to everyone; however, a promoted post will allow you reach the people you specifically are targeting. This reduces the risk of alienating any potential customers.
- Use on Special Occasions. Don’t just promote an average update – let people know about important things. Have a sale going on? Introducing a new product? Want to communicate your brand’s message? These are great times to purchase a promoted post.
- Analytics. Both Facebook and Twitter have tools that analyze the impact your posts and tweets are making and how many people they are reaching. Monitor these results to see how consumers are reacting to your content and determine what works and what doesn’t. Once you figure that out, focus your promoted updates in this direction.
Promoted posts and tweets allow businesses to specifically target consumers that are interested in their products and services. By these posts and tweets showing up in users’ feeds, businesses can expand their reach outside their current follower base. Looking to improve your online presence? Abstrakt offers full agency services to help grow your business. Contact us today to find out what we can do for you.