With the turn of the year brings change; we’ve all heard it before: ‘new year, new me,’ so why not, ‘new year, new job?’ January marks the busiest job search month of the entire year; in fact, nine out of 10 of Monster.com’s busiest days for job applications in 2016 were during the first month of the year. The most significant spike happened to land on January 27, a day when the number of job applications grew to 75% above the daily average.
Professionals in all industries look to make a change at the beginning of the year for a variety of reasons—self-improvement, new year’s resolutions, trying to achieve personal goals, looking for career growth opportunities, the list goes on. Realtors, like many other professionals, look to make a switch at the beginning of the year. So, how can you make sure your real estate company is top-of-mind for Realtors looking to make a change this upcoming year? More successful Realtors on your team = a successful year in business and hitting sales targets.
The key to successfully recruit as much top talent as possible? Be proactive. If your company is not positioned in Realtors’ minds prior to them being in the mindset of wanting to look for new jobs, then you’re late to the game. If you’re not being proactive now, your competition will end up recruiting the experienced Realtors who you wanted on your team.
When people think of B2B appointment setting, they typically think of sales reps prospecting and talking to qualified sales leads. The same way salespeople can build a sales pipeline for any B2B business looking for new customers; they can also build a pipeline filled with potential job candidates.
Here are five reasons why you should consider B2B appointment setting as a viable solution right now for recruiting more Realtors in 2021:
- Get in touch with Realtors early and stay top-of-mind. If you start a B2B appointment setting program now in Q4, you’re setting yourself up for success in January (the busiest job search month of the year). Use cold calling, emailing, and other marketing efforts to get in front of top-performing Realtors in your market now before it’s too late.
- Reach a larger audience of experienced Realtors. Think about the top 1000 agents in your backyard pool—are you positioned for all of them? If not, that’s the opportunity you’re missing. Your sphere of influence only reaches so far. According to industry analyst TOPO, the ideal number of accounts per Sales Development Representative is 88 at a time; any more than that is too much to manage. This is where an outsourced sales program comes into play; additional SDRs means more Realtors you can manage in your pipeline.
- Follow up with Realtors until they’re ready to make a switch. The majority of Realtors are going to be looking to switch jobs at the turn of the year (in January). It takes an average of eight cold call attempts to reach a prospect. If you don’t start calling Realtors now, you won’t catch them at the beginning of the year when they’re ready to make a job change. Instead, you’ll catch them closer to the middle of the year when they’re already settled somewhere else. Also, if you’re only talking to Realtors once a year and giving up when they say they’re not interested, you’re missing out on tons of opportunities. You have to follow up with Realtors multiple times a year and prioritize building a relationship; otherwise, you risk letting people slip through the cracks. If your team simply doesn’t have the time to follow up with sought after Realtors frequently enough, B2B sales outsourcing can help.
- Figure out what Realtors are looking for in a job. The nice thing about lead generation for Realtor recruitment, or for any business, is that B2B appointment setting helps salespeople gather data. Not only are you building a pipeline of qualified leads (or, in this case, job candidates), you’re also speaking with people in your market and learning things other companies may not be. When calling on top-performing Realtors, you can ask them the hard-hitting questions that will help you make improvements to your own company; for example, ‘what do you like about your current company?’ Or, ‘when do you think you’ll search for a new job? What would it take for you to leave your current company?’ All of these questions can uncover helpful information and help you make your brokerage more appealing to successful Realtors.
- Provide value in ways that your competitors aren’t. One purpose of a B2B appointment setting program is to not only get in touch with the right prospects, but to provide value to those prospects. In a Realtor recruitment program, this means sending testimonials from Realtors on your team who love working for you. Or, you can create marketing collateral as a way for Realtors to learn more about the benefits of working for you. Sell sheets, case studies, and brochures are a great way to give Realtors a visually appealing piece of content that is easy to understand and sums up why you’re so great.
Learn how you can successfully recruit top-performing real estate agents in 2021.
Is your real estate company positioned in the minds of Realtors prior to them even being in the ‘job hunt’ mindset? If not, you’re late to the game. Your competition will get these experienced Realtors instead of them joining your team. Are you positioned to WIN in 2021, or are you going to struggle to recruit top talent once again? The choice is yours.
Does a B2B appointment setting program sound like something you can’t handle right now? The end of the year can be a busy time for any company, especially real estate companies. Not to worry, though, Abstrakt specializes in recruiting real estate agents, and we can help you build a sustainable pipeline and follow up with top-performing Realtors. Our services will set you up for success so you can recruit the best talent and have your best year yet as a brokerage. Are you ready to start your Realtor recruitment program? Schedule a meeting to get started!