As an HVAC company, your team members are experts in all things heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Whether it be preventative maintenance or a system repair, there’s nothing your professionals can’t handle. But when it comes to B2B lead generation and business growth strategies, you may need an extra hand.
If you’re a well-established HVAC business with great services but you want to dive into sales and marketing more, you may not know where to start. If you’re looking for ways to generate more HVAC leads, these six strategies will help.
As an HVAC company looking to grow, building an SEO-friendly website should be a top priority. A new website design will help you generate more inbound leads for your HVAC business. Inbound leads are the ideal type of lead for a sales development representative (SDR). Since inbound lead generation focuses on bringing users to your brand naturally through the creation of valuable content and other digital marketing efforts. Inbound leads are much warmer than outbound leads since they made the choice to reach out to your business on their own.
What are the makings of a website that drives traffic and converts? Here are a few things:
- Keyword-Rich, SEO-Friendly Content. When writing service pages for your HVAC website, it’s important that the content is SEO-friendly and incorporates high volume keywords. Website content should be structured in a specific way so that Google bots can crawl it more easily (H1, H2, and H3 headers should be incorporated). Also, make sure to include highly searched keywords in headers and within the content. Are users searching for ‘HVAC services’ or ‘HVAC repairs’ more? This is important to know when writing.
- Easy Website Navigation. This means a clear menu structure and a structure that allows users to navigate between pages quickly and efficiently.
- Page Speed. One signal used by Google’s algorithm to rank pages is page speed. Also, pages with longer load times tend to have higher bounce rates.
- Incorporate a healthy amount of internal and external links. Internal links keep users engaged with your website longer. External links to trustworthy websites make you appear to be an authority and help Google figure out what your content is about. Both types of links help you rank higher in search engines.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Since more than 50% of overall web traffic comes from mobile, it’s important that your website is mobile-friendly. If you don’t have a website that’s mobile-friendly, you might be forfeiting valuable leads to your competitors.
These are just a few examples of what a high-ranking website should include. A professional company that offers website design and SEO services can help you build a website that ranks.
Local SEO helps your business stand out in local searches and drives more online leads. For an HVAC business, local SEO is extremely important since the people who need your services are people in your town. No one wants to work with an HVAC provider who is too far away from them. Not only that, but most towns have more than one HVAC provider, so you’ll be competing for market share no matter where you are.
Here are a few local SEO strategies your HVAC business can use:
- Employ a link building strategy (how can you get backlinks for local reputable sources?)
- Improve your mobile site speed (According to Nectafy, 88% of people search for local businesses on their mobile device)
- Create location-specific pages (for each town/county/region that you serve; be careful to avoid duplicate content or you’ll get flagged by Google)
- Employ a strong review management strategy
Make sure you place an emphasis on local SEO so you rank above your main competitors in search engines.
local Remember that content is king
Content is a huge part of a conversion-focused website and SEO, but as a business trying to grow, it’s important to never forget the importance of quality content. Content marketing generates 54 percent more leads than traditional marketing.
Inbound marketing is important, but the other side of that coin is outbound marketing, and it should be taken just as seriously. Every business needs B2B lead generation; and even if you think your company is doing just fine, you’re missing out on new business opportunities if you’re not focusing on sales.
With a B2B appointment setting program in place, you can build a sustainable sales pipeline for your HVAC business that consistently generates high-quality leads. A common myth about B2B appointment setting is that it’s just glorified telemarketing. But B2B appointment setting is much more than just cold calling; it’s prospecting, writing email marketing campaigns, designing sales materials, and nurturing leads until they’re ready to buy. With a B2B appointment setting, you’ll always be the top choice for anyone looking for HVAC services in your market.
Knowing your target audience is important for both inbound and outbound marketing. If you know your ideal demographic and the typical behaviors of your buyers, you can build a marketing persona. From there, you can write content tailored to your target audience and create messaging for your sales team that will help them sell more.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What types of businesses are you targeting?
- What is the most common KDM for your HVAC company to target?
- What age group are most of your target customers in?
- What is most important to your target customers when buying?
If you know what your ideal customer looks like, you’ll ultimately be able to sell more.
As an HVAC company, PPC advertising can help you boost your revenue and increase website traffic. When a potential customer has a specific need, they might search a target keyword (for example, “emergency HVAC repair”) if you are running a PPC campaign for this keyword, your ad will show up at the top of search engine results. If you want instant results, PPC ads are best. However, it’s important to remember that SEO and content marketing delivers long-term, consistent results over time.
As mentioned previously, managing online reviews is an extremely important part of local SEO. Why? Because when looking for the best local provider, especially an HVAC provider, prospects are going to want to hear other customers’ experiences. Showcasing good reviews on your website or in local searches via Yelp, Google My Business, etc. will give you a good reputation. It will also encourage users to visit your website and hopefully, from there, convert them into customers.
When it comes to generating HVAC leads, a full B2B lead generation solution will produce the best results. You need an optimized website, the right social media strategy, killer content, and a B2B appointment setting program to be as successful as possible. This may seem like a lot to take on yourself.
Abstrakt Marketing Group is a marketing and B2B appointment setting company offering lead generation solutions to small and medium-sized businesses. We have more than a decade of experience working with HVAC companies and helping them grow. Are you ready to see what a lead generation solution would look like for your business? Schedule a meeting with our experts today.