As one of the nation’s most recognized B2B lead generation companies, Abstrakt Marketing knows that building a high-performing sales team is the key to leveraging success and growth for your business—but achieving your business goals through your sales department isn’t as simple as hiring the right people and putting them to work.
Here are five tips to help you understand how to build a successful sales team:
- Tip 1: Focus on the Individual
- Tip 2: Implement Effective Training
- Tip 3: Arm Your Team With The Right Platforms
- Tip 4: Leverage The Salesman That Never Sleeps
- Tip 5: Celebrate Success
Success through sales requires motivation and strategy that starts with you, the business owner. Implement these five steps to build and maintain a high-performance sales team that drives success every day.
B2B appointment setters are responsible for one of the most difficult components of the sales process—scheduling qualified appointments that lead to closing the deal and gaining new business.
Since appointment setters are faced with rejection daily, it’s important to nurture and concentrate on their individual success instead of your entire sales team’s achievements as a whole. Everyone is motivated differently, so it’s essential to understand where their drive to succeed comes from.
To help your employees increase their motivation, ask them questions like:
- Why is your job important to you?
- What do you want to achieve in your role?
- Why do you want to meet this goal?
- What will happen if you succeed?
- How does winning new business play a part in your success?
Identifying what motivates each member of your sales team helps them secure small successes that pave the way for big wins. During your discussion, make sure your appointment setters understand the link between increased activity, results, and rewards. One way you can start the conversation is to create a questionnaire to gauge where your employees are on their journey to success.
Once you have a clear understanding of their goals, consider spending a few minutes each day with your team members one-on-one to improve their motivation and instill confidence. Taking just some time every day to show your team you believe in their abilities can lead to phenomenal sales results.
High-quality appointment setters or sales development representatives (SDRs) are essential for generating new leads and nurturing old prospects. SDRs play a vital role in your company’s B2B lead generation, so providing team members with proper training is a significant factor for success.
Make a list of the most important attitudes and skills that each SDR should have to win new business consistently. Characteristics that your appointment setters should have include:
- Resilience: When an appointment setter is resilient, almost nothing can bring them down—they will do whatever it takes to set your company up with a qualified appointment.
- Adaptability: In sales, change is constant. It’s essential to have an SDR that will roll with the punches and adapt as needed.
- Sociable: SDRs should be friendly and outgoing to connect with prospective clients. They should also mirror the tone of the prospect to make them feel comfortable and relatable.
- Competitive: High-quality SDRs are ambitious and always enjoy competition. A competitive attitude shows passion and that they care about the impact they are making on your business.
- Self-Awareness: Self-awareness is key for success in sales. When your team is self-aware, they read social cues and how the prospect is perceiving them. Being self-aware allows your SDRs to decide if they want to go for the close or continue to nurture the potential business partnership.
- Active Listener: Although it’s crucial for appointment setters to do a lot of the talking, it’s equally important for them to listen actively to the prospects’ wants and needs. Listening to potential customers allows SDRs to understand the market better.
- Good Time Management: Practicing good time management enables SDRs to stay organized and focused on the end goal— successful B2B appointment setting with qualified leads.
- Buoyancy: A buoyant SDR remains afloat in the face of rejection while lifting up the people around them, It doesn’t affect their ability to try again and shoot for another appointment. In many cases, rejection can fuel your SDR’s motivation to set the appointment when the time is right.
- Coachability: Sales strategies and practices are constantly changing. Appointment setters are coachable and willing to try new tactics to challenge themselves, setting them up for future success.
B2B lead generation success is challenging, but SDRs who have the right characteristics and can take different training courses to improve their skills are much more likely to stay with a company that values their growth as much as they do.
You might find that your team is struggling to keep up with the activities required, or they’re spending a lot of their time on administrative and manual tasks. That’s why providing your team with the right management platforms and tools they need to efficiently perform their daily tasks is just as important as developing their skills. Platforms like Salesforce allow you to identify ways to streamline your business processes, giving your appointment setters more time to devote to nurturing qualified leads.
Think of your company’s website as the salesperson that never sleeps. With a modern website, you can generate inbound leads, nurture them, and increase your sales team’s conversion rate while building industry credibility.
Here are a few examples of ways to develop your company’s website for generating B2B leads successfully:
- Nail your UX design
- Fill your site with content
- Optimize your website for search engines
- Focus on page experience metrics
- Create high-converting landing pages
- Develop email marketing campaigns
Your website can be an excellent alternate lead generation source and extension of your sales team if done right.
The work of every person in your organization is incredibly important and worth celebrating. Celebrating success should be a pillar of your culture to show your sales team how vital and impactful their hard work is. Take the time to celebrate all wins, big or small. Focusing on the positive and celebrating all the good creates a better work environment and a safe place for everyone to succeed.
At Abstrakt, we know how implementing these five tips for a high-performing sales team leads to consistent business success because we immerse them into our own culture to help our customers grow.
We focus on the needs of our sales team, harnessing what motivates them and using it to help them achieve their goals. By valuing and encouraging consistent training, we allow our sales experts to strengthen their skills, resulting in successful B2B lead generation and genuine results for our clients.
Salesforce has been an integral part of our entire organization since 2010. Now, with more than 300 employees who are fully trained on the platform, we help our customers evaluate their business processes and determine how Salesforce can make their organization more efficient. Abstrakt is an established lead generation company, so we have a wealth of experience in website design and development and inbound lead generation.
We help our clients transform their website into an extension of their sales team, directing them to get the most out of their site. All of our teams, including sales, here at Abstrakt celebrate big and small wins daily. We love what we bring to the table for our clients, and nothing excites us more than their success.
Growth is at our core. We work with industries across the board that are just like yours, helping them generate new B2B leads. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you grow.