Ah new clients, aren’t they beautiful? Probably because we spend so much time trying to find them! What a lot of businesses don’t realize is: there are a lot of potential new clients within your demographic out there, but roughly 98% of them aren’t ready for the opportunities you’re offering. This is where nurturing comes in. Once the target is engaged with your business, it’s important to build that relationship regardless of WHEN they buy. The goal is to earn their business, whenever they’re ready.
Until your potential clients are ready to make the jump, here are some things to keep in mind regarding your communication:
- Establish permission, and let the viewer know that they can expect from you up front.
- Make sure your content is relevant. Understand the personal preferences of your lead, and adjust content to fit them.
- Drop the sales pitch. At this point in the process, the viewer wants to be entertained and learn about your company.
- Mobile, mobile, mobile! Almost 50% of emails are opened on a mobile device!
- Develop a relationship NOW, and don’t focus on conversions. They will happen over time.
- Allow for the viewer to talk back through engagement marketing. This provides continuous conversation throughout the nurture journey.
By listening to your potential lead, you can understand why they’re not ready to buy. From here, the way you communicate with them can be adjusted. Don’t be pushy. Simply letting the customer know how you can help them can raise their interest level, and eventually cause action. The key word is eventually. The longer you spend growing your relationship, the less likely you’ll split up down the road.