The future of remote work is happening now. For the longest time, remote work was a hot topic of conversation and something that companies were beginning to consider. According to Forbes, remote work offers many benefits; it can reduce distractions, reduce employee stress, and decrease company overhead. Not only that, but 68% of millennial job seekers say they would have increased interest in a company that offered the option to work remotely.
The world is now a different place because of coronavirus. Companies everywhere have gone from dipping their toes in the water to taking the full-on plunge because they simply have no other choice but to take their workforce remotely. Whether you work for a small startup or a large corporation, working from home means making adjustments to how we do just about everything. But, while there are challenges to working from home, there are also opportunities.
If you work in sales or your company is concerned about generating new leads at this time, one huge opportunity you should pay close attention to is the fact that key decision-makers (KDMs) are now working from home. Here’s why now is the time to focus on B2B appointment setting so you can increase revenue.
Key Decision Makers (KDMs) Are At Home—What Does This Mean For Your Business?
It’s natural to fear at a time like this that your business is going to suffer. But one key fact that all businesses need to realize at this time is that key decision-makers are now working from home.
If your MSP was trying to reach an IT Director, that person is now at home.
If your commercial cleaning company was trying to reach a Facilities Manager, that person is now at home.
If your roofing company was trying to reach the owner of a building, that person is likely now working outside of the office.
No matter what type of company you work for, the customers that you were once (and probably still are) trying to acquire are now at home. So, what does this mean? Well, a few things, but the main point is this: less noise and fewer distractions for your potential customers = more opportunities to pitch, build relationships, and close deals.
What You Should Do Now That KDMs Working Remote
It’s not every day that this many KDMs are working from home. In fact, due to coronavirus, this is probably the most people that will ever be working from home. If your B2B lead generation efforts have slowed since the virus hit, it’s time to rethink your strategy. Now is the time to take advantage of people’s availability and speak with as many companies as possible—now may be the best time for you to get in contact.
Here are a few things you can do right now to take advantage of the fact that KDMs are at home:
- Circle back with old prospects. Now is the perfect time to reach back out to prospects who you may have had one or two conversations with. At the time when you spoke with them, they may have been too busy or not interested; but now, it’s very likely that they have fewer distractions and are much less busy. Now, they might be more interested in hearing what you have to offer.
- Reach out to new companies. Now is also the time to be building a list of prospects that is bigger and better than any list you’ve ever built. The more companies you reach out to at this time, the more great conversations you’ll be able to have with KDMs who are typically too busy to take sales calls.
- Ask good questions. Once you have the attention of a decision-maker, you can ask really great questions. You might not have had the opportunity to do this before because you were rushed off the phone so quickly. Now, you can ask insightful questions that help you understand the prospect’s pain points and needs, then use your product or service to help them solve a problem.
- Collect data for future nurture programs. Even if you don’t close a deal with every prospect, now is a great time to collect data on your prospects to use in future nurture programs. Nurturing leads is an essential part of any sales program; in fact, nurtured leads make larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. But, the more information you have on your prospects, the easier it will be to nurture them. The goal of lead nurturing is to develop relationships with prospects and to eventually make a sale. The more you know about your prospects, the better. Use this time when KDMs are home to gather and record as much information as possible.
- Provide helpful industry insights and information. Don’t just be a sales rep, be a resource for KDMs. Help them with their business and show them that you care about their success just as much as they do. For example, providing them with information about the CARES Act or information about COVID-19 as it relates to their business will be extremely well received at a time like this.
There is so much opportunity not just to get in contact with KDMs at this time, but to have great conversations and actually close deals. At Abstrakt Marketing Group, our B2B appointment setting experts know how to work with companies through every stage of the sales funnel. We aim to find, target, and nurture key decision-makers for all of our partners; but right now, it’s easier than ever. Take advantage of the opportunity just like we are!
If you need tips on how to effectively reach more KDMs at this time or you could use help with your outbound lead generation efforts, contact Abstrakt Marketing Group today.